Thursday, February 4, 2010

Long Tongue!

Crawly is by the seed pits eating. I was really surprised! While he was eating the seeds, it seemed as if another limb was present. I wonder if that was his tongue. It was cute how his antennae would sway up and down as he was eating. The motion sort of reminded me of those old water pumps.

Now Crawly is hanging upside down from the ceiling. Bugs don't seem to care what position their bodies take. Although he hasn't gotten much bigger, his body color seems to have gotten darker. At least near his rump. I wonder if that's normal.

I haven't seen the other two out today yet. The bugs seem to like hiding in that bit of cotton! I'll check on them later, once the sun comes out.

*After further research, I found out my eyes weren't deceiving me! What I was looking at was Crawly's proboscis, which is more like a straw than a tongue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.