I wonder if Crawly is going to make it into adulthood in time for this report. As of now, he looks like a boil that's ready to pop! I'll have to read up on this a little more thoroughly, but it seems that the bugs become this sort of pale yellow color right before they molt. Crawly has lost most of the red on his underside, and is now this bright sort of yellow-orange.
Another strange sort of thing is how they tend to hang out together right quite a bit, even to the point of looking clingy. Yet right now, the bugs have clearly put some distance between each other, although they are on the same side of the cage. I wonder if hanging to the side of the cage helps them shed their old skins!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.